Social Media Specialist
We are seeking a marketing professional who can create social media strategies for our wide variety of clients and then bring them to life, exceeding goals and expectations. Someone who has the ability to use both sides of the brain––both creative and analytical–– with experience building and executing social media strategies to deliver results for multiple clients. The ideal candidate is a professional who values an entrepreneurial work setting and will thrive in our ‘freedom and responsibility’ environment; one who is ready to help the agency grow, always striving for excellence.
- Juggle social media channels for multiple clients—in both B2B and B2C spaces.
- Morph a marketing strategy into a plan that will excel in the social media space.
- Collaborate with the team to align social media tactics with clients’ brands.
- Develop quarterly outlines in sync with client content marketing plans.
- Create monthly editorial calendars filled with brilliant content, from posts to stories to reels, across all platforms including relevant hashtag banks.
- Write captions and work closely with the creative team on graphics and videos. Ensure brand consistency in visual identity and copy through tone and terminology.
- Analytics are key—not only to track KPIs for the client, but also to set a barometer for oneself for improvement. Must love data.
- Utilize and optimize Sprout Social—our digital dashboard to oversee output and input.
- Proactively respond and engage with followers for required accounts.
- Oversee paid tactics and influencer programs.
- Effectively execute client strategies in both organic and paid content tactics.
- Solve client marketing challenges by working collaboratively with them and the agency team. Bring forth recommendations on how to improve or build upon successful social media tactics.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree: in marketing, advertising, public relations, or related field.
- 2+ years: working in an agency, in-house marketing department, or similar setting.
- Digital technical understanding: all the platforms, all of the lingo, all of the acronyms, and the ability to easily communicate this into a relatable conversation with our team and our clients.
- Excellent writer: and an even better proof-reader. A love of Oxford commas is preferred but has the ability to adapt to our four clients who resist.
- Marketing knowledge: We are always looking for the best ways to help our clients reach, interact with, and engage their customer base on social media. We want you to make recommendations and execute the developed strategies flawlessly. Base these strategies on your skilled research that ensure data is accurate to the client's industry and relevant to the target audience.
- Effective collaboration: Assist on the strategy to develop, deliver, and report KPIs. Partner with the creative department to ideate and execute new content. Support accounts team to deliver clients’ objectives. Interact with clients to understand their vision and help bring it to life.
- Enjoy the rollercoaster: Agency life means a fast-paced environment and priorities are constantly changing. Our niche is we aren’t niche, which means we have clients of various sizes, budgets, scopes, and industries. Stay focused, while being nimble in order to move between clients, brands, and initiatives on a daily basis while meeting deadlines and adapting as plans and goals evolve.
- Be a self-starter: We are not fans of micro-managing. We’ll give you direction; we need you to get shit done! Thrive in an entrepreneurial office environment that prioritizes learning, client success, creativity, collaboration, and strives for excellence. Great organizational skills and an eye for detail are critical.
- Focus on the client’s best interest: Own the desire to always produce the best possible work—which is what’s in the client’s best interest, and not always what they ask for. This is probably the most important thing in this whole damn description.
Tools: You must demonstrate proficiency in all of these, and strive toward expertise:
- Asana & Toggl: Our project management and time tracking tools.
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Google Products: Analytics and Business Suite, including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Chat.
- Social Media Channels: Facebook (Business Center & Ad Center), Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and whatever the new hot channel is.
- Sprout Social: Our social media dashboard.
- Canva: A content creation platform.
- MOZ: SEO platform that tracks content marketing results.
And most importantly:
- Never stop learning. Stay curious. Don’t be afraid to push the envelope or fail at something.
- Focus on client success. This will drive the agency's success, which fuels your personal success.
- Help inspire ridiculously amazing, award winning, yet superiorly, strategic work.
- Collaborate strategically and build mutual trust with your colleagues, your clients, and agency friends.
- Be focused, fresh, and fierce. Be disciplined to strive for excellence. Be confident because you are kicking ass.
- Don’t be an asshole. Seriously, no one likes an asshole.
- Love what you fucking do––and never lose the drive or enthusiasm.
- Competitive pay. Pay commensurate with experience and expertise.
- 100% Paid employee healthcare. Optional vision and dental coverage.
- Life insurance. Company sponsored policy.
- 401(k). Opportunity for company contribution.
- Flexible schedule. Early bird or night owl? We offer employees flexibility to their days. Team works from home on Mondays.
- Paid downtown parking. Parking space in Downtown St. Pete parking garage—can be used for fun on the weekends too.
- Paid time off. 12 vacation days, 6 sick days, 8 holidays.
- Professional development. Opportunities to engage with a career coach.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.